The Parish of St John’s regards safeguarding children and Vulnerable Adults and good working practice as a priority.
In the interests of the safety and well being of all children and young people and vulnerable adults, St Johns has, in conjunction with Portsmouth Diocese Safeguarding Team developed and operates a Safeguarding and Protection Policy for both Children and Vulnerable Adults.
The church is committed to ensuring that everyone working with children, young people, and vulnerable adults:
- has undergone a criminal records bureau check at enhanced level,
- is adequately trained and supervised,
- understands and follows the Church’s Protection/Safeguarding Policy.
As part of our commitment to children and young people and vulnerable adults it has appointed IAN CRANSTONE and BRENDA BOATE as Child and Vulnerable Adults protection/Safeguarding Officers. All people involved in activities within the church know who they are and how they can be contacted.
Should the church have any child protection concerns it will
- seek the advice of the Diocesan Safeguarding Adviser and if appropriate contact the statutory authorities,
- exercise care in the appointment of those working with children, young people and vulnerable adults in the church, working to ‘In Safe Hands’ principles.
- be committed to following statutory, denominational (if relevant) and specialist guidelines.
- seek support for all those affected by abuse.
- be committed to supporting and resourcing those who work with children and young people and provide regular supervision.
- review both the Child and Vulnerable Adults protection and Safeguarding policies annually and amend accordingly
Additional Information and Documentation
Church of England
St Johns Safeguarding Representative Contact Information
Contact can be made via the church office on 01329 280762 or through email firstname.lastname@example.org
Diocesan Contact information
Diocesan Safeguarding Adviser – Ian Berry
0754 456 6850 or email email@example.com
Please click here for the Diocesan Safeguarding Webpage and further details (external website)